Monday, July 30, 2012

Outfit of the Day: Hiking


My boyfriend and I really enjoy hiking. It is a fantastic form of exercise, but we find it more fun than a workout. We are working out way up to longer, more difficult hikes so we can do day-long and multi-day hikes in the Appalachian Mountains...one day. Usually we will go to Great Falls, Virginia or up to the Appalachian Train in West Virginia. We decided to mix it up today and go to the C&O Canal in Maryland (you can hike in Maryland and see the falls in Virginia!) the C&O Canal runs 184.5 miles from Washington, D.C. to Cumberland, MD. We walked 2 miles down the trail and then hopped on a side hike that goes along the banks of the Potomac River.  After the River Trail, we walked the Outlook Trail so we could see the Beautiful falls and wave home to our home state of Virginia. Because of the beautiful setting, I found it to be a great photo-opt! Check out what I wear when I go hike. What is your favorite workout?

On the banks of the Potomac River. 
What I wore:
Capris: Old Navy (similar here)
Gray Top: Nike (old...but I got it from Macy's)
Neon Top: Target
Sneakers: Sacony (purchased from Off Broadway Shoes...they don't put stuff online)

xo,
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment